The Fremont County Unified Command reported Friday that the county is scheduled to receive 975 doses of the Pfizer vaccine today (Monday, Jan. 18) and another 975 doses on the 25th. Most of these will be targeting the over 70 years of age group for the next few weeks.
Lander Medical Clinic and Western Family Clinic are administering this distribution in Riverton and Lander. “We understand that over 3,000 people are already on the waiting list,” according to the command’s news release. ” If you are a patient of either clinic, you should be on the list and if not, please call the clinics to be added. They are prioritizing by oldest patients first. Fremont County Health will also be coordinating with Dubois the this week to target the over 70 crowd as well.
The long term care distribution schedule includes:
• Showboat Retirement Center is scheduled for Jan. 19
• Westward Heights care Center is scheduled for Jan. 20
• Homestead assisted living is scheduled for Jan. 19
• Wind River Rehabilitation and Wellness is scheduled for Jan. 18
• Dubois Assisted Living Inc. DBA/ Warm Valley Lodge is scheduled for January 21
Free Testing in Fremont County
The Curative company is setting up two locations to provide free drive through testing in Fremont County.
• In Riverton they are at the Fremont County Fairgrounds from 9AM to 3PM from Wednesday to Sunday.
• In Fort Washakie testing will be available on the Wednesday to Sunday schedule from 9AM to 3PM
Fremont County Public Health continues to urge everyone to wear masks, social distance at 6 feet and use proper hand washing and sanitation techniques whenever possible.