This list for the 2019 Wyoming Women of Influence honorees has been released, yielding a handful of local nominees. The awards seek to honor women statewide for their outstanding work in nine industries, lifetime achievement, best mentor (Can be Men and Women), and best company to work for.
The nominations are then sent to the Women of Influence previous honorees. The Women of Influence alumna will vote on their top nominees. The votes are tallied, and the three highest scoring nominations are named finalists. The top vote tally is declared this year’s honoree.
The Wyoming Business Report is teaming up with the Wyoming Women’s Expo for this year’s development day conference on Sept. 20 at the Casper Events Center.
Some of the local nominees include:
- Amara Fehring-Communal Pancake Performing Arts
- Cheryl Portwood-Fort Washakie Health Center, Arapahoe Indian Health CenterMedical Doctor, Psychiatrist
- Darrah Perez-Central Wyoming College/Wyoming Public Radio/BIA Forestry WildLand FireFightingStudent/Artist/Entrepreneur/Freelance Reporter/ Wildland Firefighter
- Elizabeth “Betty” Kail-9th Judicial District Court, Wyoming, Deceased
- Jenifer Scoggin-Office of State Lands and InvestmentsDirector of State Lands and Investments
- Jessica Murkin-Office of State Lands & Investments
- Jillian Balow-Wyoming Department of Education
- Kristin Watson-City of Riverton, WY
- Lisa McGee-Wyoming Outdoor Council
- Lynette St. Clair-Fort Washakie School District 21
- Natalie Korell-Westward Heights Care Center
- Peggy Miller-Fremont County School District #2
- Rebecca Schatza-Social Security Office, Riverton
- Rusty Wuertz-Wind River Radio Network, Riverton Community Engagement Commitee
The complete list can be found at the Wyoming Women of Influence Website.