A garage behind a home at 618 East Park Street in Riverton was totally destroyed by fire Friday afternoon in a blaze that started just before noon. A travel trailer parked in the back yard was also damaged, and siding on the nearby home, and on an adjacent home, had melted. Firefighters hosed down both houses to keep the fire from spreading, then attacked the garage fire from the alley.
No injuries were reported. Contents of the garage and next to the structure were a total loss. Black Hills Energy and Rocky Mountain Power crews also responded to cut off natural gas and electric to the site. Streets around the fire scene were closed to allow emergency vehicles access to the scene.
The fire was across the street from St. James Episcopal Church on East Park and diagonally across from St. Margaret’s School.