WRR Network Community Calendar
- Every Day | 11am, 3pm and 7pm | Northern Arapahoe Tribe and White Buffalo “Your 1st Step to Recovery” AA Meetings | at the former 789 Bingo Hall
- Mondays | Gamblers Anonymous meeting | 6 pm | Riverton | Church of Christ | #39 Gas Hills Road
- Tuesdays | Winter Farmer’s | 4-6pm | at United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park, Riverton |Call Kacee at 349-8257
- Saturdays | Community Food Bank | 10am | St Thomas Episcopal Church, South 1st Street, Dubois
Week of 03/13/2013
- On Tuesday, March 21 at 7:15pm at Hudson Town Hall, Archaeologist Dan Eakin will explain details of his years of research about the Nez Perce Trail Project. This is Free to the public and is sponsored by the Fremont County Archaeological Society.
- On Tuesday March 21st, be a part of the national conversation! Join a free screening and discussion of the PBS Frontline film BEING MORTAL. It’s based on sharing the responsibility of discussing what matters most to patients families facing difficult treatment decisions and how to have that conversation with your physician. It will be from 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM at the Lander Library. Register at helpforhealthhospic.org or call 856-1206.
- The Fremont County Employment Expo will be March 23, 9am-3pm, at the Center Wyoming College Arts Center Gallery, Riverton. : Resume critique will be available throughout the day. For more information call 332-3394
- The registration deadline for Riverton Little League baseball and the new “Junior” little League is 5pm this Friday March 24th, at the R Recreation office. Bring a state-issued birth certificate if your child DID NOT play Riverton Little League last season. Boys and girls ages 4 to 15 are eligible to play. Cost is $45 for your first child, and $40 for each sibling. The fee for T-ball is $5. Registration forms are in the R Recreation office, 2660 Peck Avenue, or for more information, call 855-2015.
- Russell Hawley from the Tate Geological Center at Casper College will present the McDonald’s Children’s Exploration Series program on March 25th from 2-3pm. Kids can learn about different kinds of fossils and then make your own fossil cast to take home with them to show family and friends! Registration is required and the suggested ages is 8-13. The event will be at 700 East Park Ave Riverton. For more information and registration, call 307-856-2665.
- The Fremont County Republican FUNdraiser will be Saturday March 18th at 5:30pm. The event will start with asocial hour at 5:30 with dinner at 6pm. The cost is $35 per person. This Fundraiser will be held at the Inn in Lander, at 260 Grandview Dr. Former US Representative Cynthia Lummis will be the Keynote Speaker for the evening followed by a live, silent ant dessert auction.
- The Craft Show and Expo will take place at the Lander Community Center this Saturday March 25th at the Lander Community Center. It will begin Saturday at 9am and end around 3pm. for more information call 307-349-8343
- Join the Benefit for Triton Tough, a Cookie Jar Auction on Saturday March 25th at 5pm! Triton was diagnosed with cancer 8 months ago. He and his mother have been traveling to, and living in, Salt Lake while Triton undergoes radiation and chemo treatments. Help him in his fight with the Cookie Jar auction at the Fremont county Fairgrounds starting at 5pm and the sloppy joe dinner starting at 6pm. For More information call 307-840-5348.
WRR Network Community Calendar
Hot Springs/Washakie County
- Song Circles take place every Monday at 10:45am at the HSC Armory.
- Pinochle is on Mondays at 6:30pm at the HSC Senior Center.
- Hand & Foot Card Games are on Tuesdays & Thursdays at 12:30pm at the HSC Senior Center.
- Story time is on Wednesdays & Thursdays at 10:30am at the HSC Library.
- Kiwanis Club meets Thursdays at 6:45am at the Days Inn.
- Bingo is on Saturdays at 7pm at the HSC Senior Center.
Week of 03/13/2013
- There will be a Community Blood Draw at the HSC Senior Center on Monday March 20th from 3-7pm.
- The HSC Republican committee will take place at the Hot Springs County Annex Building from 6:30pm-8pm.
- On Tuesday March 21st Wyoming Workforce Services will be at the HSC Library from 10am-3:30pm.
- The Boysen Reservoir informational meeting is set for 10am on Tuesday March 21st. This meeting will include discussion on current water supply conditions, water runoff from snowmelt and projected operations for 2017. The meeting starts at 10am at the Elks Lodge, 604 Coburn Avenue in Worland. For more information call 307-261-5671.
- The Thermopolis Rotary Club will meet Tuesday March 21st from 12-1pm at the Days Inn, Western Room.
- On Tuesday March 21st, the County Commissioners Meeting will gather at the County Annex from 3-6pm.
- Storytime starts at 10:30am at the HSC library on Wednesday March 22nd.
- Join the HSC Recreation District on Thursday March 23nd at 5:15 for Ready To Run. For more information call 864-3767
- On Thursday March 23rd, don’t miss the presentation on the lives and times of Tom O’Day, who rode with Butch Cassidy, and Bronco Nell, a horse thief and freighter. Ray Maple and his wife, Jackie will start the program at 6pm at the HSC Library.
- The Soil Conservation District Meeting will be March 23, from 7pm to 8pm. This will take place at the soil conservation office.
- Visit the Annual Kiwanis Community Health Fair on Saturday March 25th from 8am-Noon at the Thermopolis Middle School.
- Help out with fundraising for the Special Olympics with the Jackalope Jump on Saturday March 25th. The fun starts at the HSC High School at Noon and ends around 2pm. Join in on the fun with the Jackalope Jump!
- The Freedom Ball Adult Prom starts March 25th at 8pm and goes to 1am. Casual dress or Get dressed up and enjoy the dancing. All kinds of music, drinks, and snacks will be available. Help raise money for our Troops. $10 at the door $20 per couple. Discounted sleeping rooms at the Days Inn. Ask for Freedom Ball rate 307-864-3131