Download an Entry Form HERE.
Boatload Of Cash Fishing Derby
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
AUGUST 11-12, 2018
Get ready to win a Boatload of Cash with the Wind River Radio Network! It’s your chance to win $15,000 or a selection of consolation prizes. A boatload of tagged fish will be released into the Boysen Reservoir, if you reel in the right fish, you’ll be the winner of $15,000. You can also win prizes for longest fish, smallest fish, largest walleye, largest trout, largest carp, and most carp caught! Get ready to win a Boatload of Cash with the Wind River Radio Network!
- All tournament entries will be subject to rules of the Wyoming Game and Fish as well as those of Boysen State Park.
- No glass containers will be allowed at any time on State Park property.
- Children on shore must be closely watched by accompanying supervising adult.
- All derby entrants must check in at the Boysen Marina check point. All entrants must check in before 10am August 11th, 2018. Check in point will be clearly marked. Fishermen may fish the entire reservoir for this derby.
- 7. Entry fee: $40.00 per person. Personal checks, cash or certified funds accepted.
- A signed completed entry form with entry fee must be turned into Wind River Radio no later than August 9th, 2018 at 4:30pm.
- Check in time begins at 5:30am, August 11, 2018
- Fishing Times: 5:30 am Saturday August 11 and until 2:30pm Sunday August 12. Night fishing is permitted as long as Wyoming Game and Fish and Boysen State Park night fishing rules are followed.
- All entries must strictly adhere to US Coast Guard and Wyoming Game and Fish laws and regulations.
- All entries under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All tagged fish caught are to be brought to the WRRN station check in site.
- Any contestant presenting a fish with the WRRN tag must be wearing the designated WRRN fishing derby wrist band.
- Event is subject to cancellation due to weather conditions. Cancellation decision will be made by Derby officials. In the event of cancelation, the derby will be rescheduled the following weekend.
- The entire Boysen Reservoir is eligible to be fished for this derby.
- The Check in Station for all fish will be at the Boysen Marina check-in point.
- Per Wy Game and Fish: culling is not permitted. The decision to release a fish or keep it for contest entry must be made immediately upon capture. Any fish caught that is not to be entered and must be released immediately with little or no injury to the fish. Contestants violating this rule will be disqualified.
- AIS Inspection requirements: All watercraft must have proper identification of an AIS inspection to participate.
- No careless or dangerous activities will be permitted in the water or on shore.
- No fireworks will be permitted during the derby on or off shore.
PRIZE QUALIFICATION BASED ON THE FOLLOWING
- 1. GRAND PRIZE FISH: WRRN has a designated tag number for the winning fish. If a registered contestant brings the pre-determined, winning tagged fish to the WRRN check in point, the grand prize will be awarded.
- 2. CONSOLATION PRIZES: All tagged fish brought to the WRRN check point at Boysen Marina are eligible for a consolation prize.
- 3. REMAINING PRIZES: If all consolation prizes are given for any tagged fish, the remainder will be given as follows;
- Longest Fish
- Smallest Fish
- Largest Walleye
- Largest Trout
- Largest Carp
- Most Carp Caught
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- 1. Returned Checks
- Violation of any contest rule or Wyoming fishing or boating safety regulations